2021 Passive Projects Design Competition – Opens July 15, 2021
We invite you to the 7th Annual Passive Projects Competition Awards Ceremony during PhiusCon 2021 at the Sleepy Hollow Hotel Conference Center. Back by popular demand, this juried competition recognizes fully certified passive building projects of all types and climate zones. Entries will be accepted starting on July 15, 2021. This is your chance to showcase your work and celebrate the great strides being made in the field of passive building!
Winning and honorable mention awards will be given in five categories:
- Source Zero
Additionally, two projects from the above winners will be awarded:
- Best Overall Project of this year’s competition
- Best Project by a Young Professional (35 or under)
The winning and finalist entries will be unveiled during a reception on Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at the Sleepy Hollow Hotel Conference Center in Tarrytown, NY. Awarded entries will remain on display throughout the core conference from October 13-15, 2021.
- Submitters of winning entries will receive one full year of Alliance membership (existing members will be extended by one year)
- Winning projects will be featured in follow-up coverage of the conference by Green Building & Design magazine
- Phius and the Alliance will feature winning entries as case studies on their home pages
- Phius and the Alliance will publicize winners via social media, e-newsletters, and press outlets
* The PHI database includes a variety of entries – only those marked as certified are eligible.
Entries will be scored on a scale of 1 – 5 based upon the following criteria:
- Performance (e.g., meets Phius Certified standard, better than standard, crushes the standard)
- Difficulty level (climate/site/location/requirements challenges)
- Design (e.g., smart use of space)
- Health (e.g., use of non-toxic materials)
How to Enter
- Register using the application form here.
- Complete the online application form (we recommend that you review the form and assemble the required information prior to completing the form).
- Upload a summary slide for rotating projection during the conference.
*Phius employees and board members may not enter their own projects into the competition; however, other project team members/firms are eligible to enter a project. Projects with a Phius board member as CPHC are eligible to apply.
Deadline for Entry
Projects must be fully certified by entry deadline, October 1, 2021. A poster board (in PDF format) may be requested after entry.
The winning and finalist entries will be unveiled during a reception on Wednesday, October 14, 2021 at the Sleepy Hollow Hotel Conference Center in Tarrytown, NY.
Phius/Alliance will assemble a panel of five jurors, each of whom meets two of the following three criteria:
- CPHC®, Phius Certified Builder, Phius Certified Rater or Phius Certified Verifier in good standing
- Completion of at least one certified project
- Licensed professional